Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Planting marathon!

The planting marathon continues!  Quentin planted over on Chambers' and Osterloh's Sunday night and Monday day.  He actually took a little time off to sleep last night, but finished up over there this morning.  Now, he is on Steeby's with only that and one more field of Paul's left to finish.  There is light at the end of the tunnel!  It has been dry and windy so the men are working as quickly as possible while there is still enough moisture in the ground for the corn to get up and going.  We do have a chance of rain tonight and this weekend so we'll see how that pans out.  In the meantime, I'm reminded of a saying I heard a couple weeks ago that went something like "Yes, my husband is a farmer.  No, I don't know where he is.  No, I don't know when he'll be back.  Yes, we're still married.  No, he is not a figment of my imagination!"

No comments:

Post a Comment