Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day

Some guys get their wives roses or candy for Valentine's Day.  I got...a tractor!  Quentin brought our new addition home this morning.  The dealer even threw in a pink hat for me that says "I (heart) John Deere".  Be still my heart.

New addition

It's an 8310R and will be much more versatile for us than the set up we had with the 9200.  (As a side note, the 9200 is now up for sale if anyone wants to get their significant other a unique V-day gift.  It would make a great, one-of-a-kind lawn ornament that would be sure to get the neighbors talking.)

Quentin is out finishing up the last of Steeby's now.  He was a little delayed yesterday after his near breakdown.  He hopes to be done by early afternoon and then plans to swap tractors before he goes back to strip-tilling.  He is eager to get the new one out in the field to see how it runs.  So far I have heard that it "drives like a car".  I am not sure what that means, but it is clearly a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment